About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
My work has developed a lot over the 3 years I've studied for my degree. It has evolved into a body of work that deals with the human form as an environment. I've mapped and explored my own body inside and out in many ways through print, drawing and various media as a type of research to address self identity

Sunday 17 January 2010



So I've had possibly the worst month of the year so far, and its truly effected my work ethic. Once I had submitted my work the end of last term things in my personal life really just fell apart and the knock on effect was me losing a passion to make work.

I'm determined to get through this though, I've recently had bereavement in the family so had to take some time out. I feel like I'm a little behind now...but I needed time to reflect and be with my family. So starting tomorrow its a new week and a new start.

I've started writing down some ideas which I'm going to record here.

So far on my pad I've been trying to brainstorm where to take this theme of the body.

ideas:

  • Body projections - drawings/photos on acetate projected onto bare skin or nude figures
  • Photography - diana camera, --> single photographs of each area of the body pieced together to form a dislocated form of a full figure --> see David Hockney "My Mother Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire"

  • Body prints - ink/paint on body --> see Yves Klein

1 comment:

  1. HIYA, I AM A BA HONS VISUAL ARTIST, AND I REALLY LIKE YOUR WORK, I AM ALSO LOOKING AT THE BODY AND I AM DOING PRINTS OF THE BODY, AT THE MOMENT I AM FINDING IT CHALLENGING AS NUDITY CONFLICTS WITH MY RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND I AM NOW LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION AND OTHER IDEAS TO TONE DOWN THE NUDITY BUT STILL BEING ABLE TO CAPTURE THE BEAUTY OF THE FEMALE FORM, THIS IS WHAT MY WORK IS CURRENTLY ABOUT, :) GOOD LUCK WITH UR WORK.. 2.1 IS GOOD... I AM HOPING TO ACHIEVE THIS WITH MY 2ND SEMESTER WORK.. :)

    MRS AL-RAWI

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! :)

This page is primarily a documentation of my art work I create. I'm a BA Fine Art, Mixed Media Student currently in my final year of my degree.

My work deals with ideas of the fragility of the human condition and often consists of images of my own body. I tend to work with materials that reflect the delicacy of the human form such as stitch and fabrics. My drawing style i like to describe as a "nervous" line, which also ties in with the themes of all my work.