About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
My work has developed a lot over the 3 years I've studied for my degree. It has evolved into a body of work that deals with the human form as an environment. I've mapped and explored my own body inside and out in many ways through print, drawing and various media as a type of research to address self identity

Monday 14 March 2011

Work on display at Mello Mello...

I set up some of my pyramids for an exhibition at a local bar called Mello Mello today.

I originally intended the pyramids to fill a room, but as this was a bar/cafe I went looking round for a place were the work could fit in yet be safe and out of the reach of getting damaged. This place happened to be an iron girder through the center of the room. The pyramids were spookily a perfect fit.
I do like work that responds to the space its in, Its something I really like to do, looking round a space and coming up with an idea for a piece of work that is going to live in the space and react with it. Hopefully the work will be received well by the public in the bar an I like to think it will strike up conversation. There's nothing I enjoy more than anonymously hanging round my own work and hearing people discuss it. Negative or positive, Its a great way to hear how your work is read by others.

The private view is supposed to be this Friday, Details are still to be confirmed to me. I'll let my friends know as soon as every things in place.

Here's some photos of the work on display.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! :)

This page is primarily a documentation of my art work I create. I'm a BA Fine Art, Mixed Media Student currently in my final year of my degree.

My work deals with ideas of the fragility of the human condition and often consists of images of my own body. I tend to work with materials that reflect the delicacy of the human form such as stitch and fabrics. My drawing style i like to describe as a "nervous" line, which also ties in with the themes of all my work.