About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
My work has developed a lot over the 3 years I've studied for my degree. It has evolved into a body of work that deals with the human form as an environment. I've mapped and explored my own body inside and out in many ways through print, drawing and various media as a type of research to address self identity

Wednesday 4 March 2009

smeared limbs

This is proving to be a stressful time! I've decided how this piece is going to work...its going to be a full print of my body pieced together (possibly stiched) and attached to a large piece of paper or fabric..and hung from the ceiling or beams in the gallery. I would like it near natural light but I'm not too fussed about that right now i just need to finish the dam thing!..Am i allowed to write that here?

I've been printing my limbs using the monoprinting method, my legs and arms are pretty straight forward because they are easily recognisable as body parts, but areas like my stomach and back appear to be just smears on the paper...maybe if i wore clothes with alot of detail it may show up on the paper?

I've also began to realise the difficulty in printing my head, It has too many different contours and shapes to work in the way the rest of the body can in this media


hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! :)

This page is primarily a documentation of my art work I create. I'm a BA Fine Art, Mixed Media Student currently in my final year of my degree.

My work deals with ideas of the fragility of the human condition and often consists of images of my own body. I tend to work with materials that reflect the delicacy of the human form such as stitch and fabrics. My drawing style i like to describe as a "nervous" line, which also ties in with the themes of all my work.