About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
My work has developed a lot over the 3 years I've studied for my degree. It has evolved into a body of work that deals with the human form as an environment. I've mapped and explored my own body inside and out in many ways through print, drawing and various media as a type of research to address self identity

Friday 6 March 2009

Head ache

I eventually got round the problem of my back being just a smear by deciding i was goin to make this a mixed media piece. I intend to draw into the print once its pieced together as a whole single print. I'm also going to incorpotate stich into it.



I've come up with an idea to solve the head problem too. I've had my tutor photograph my head in the right position and then had the photograph blown up to the same size as my own head, to make it as acurate as possible,i then got the image put onto silk screen and printed a few copies to try and experiment with. I want to somehow blend the head in with the speckly finish the rest of the print has. I think collaging may be the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! :)

This page is primarily a documentation of my art work I create. I'm a BA Fine Art, Mixed Media Student currently in my final year of my degree.

My work deals with ideas of the fragility of the human condition and often consists of images of my own body. I tend to work with materials that reflect the delicacy of the human form such as stitch and fabrics. My drawing style i like to describe as a "nervous" line, which also ties in with the themes of all my work.