About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
My work has developed a lot over the 3 years I've studied for my degree. It has evolved into a body of work that deals with the human form as an environment. I've mapped and explored my own body inside and out in many ways through print, drawing and various media as a type of research to address self identity

Sunday 14 August 2011

Lost in employment.

As predicted I haven't worked on anything since I got a job. Its hard to work when I get home as I am so tired and the weekend is over so quickly that its Monday morning by the time you've enjoyed seeing friends and family.

However I'm missing my work a lot. It was my escape my way of putting things straight in my head. Just like dreams I suppose. It was my sorting process.

Since I;m not actively working, I'm feeling constantly confused, anxious...like I'm waiting for something to happen. Constantly unsure about what I want form all aspects of life. etc.

Its also difficult to decide where to begin getting back into my work. Do I just start making for no reason? I've always found that quite hard without some sort of goal in mind. I've always envied abstract painters. They can just paint anything when they have 10 minutes spare. There's no real planning or though process needed...its complete natural expression. My works always been made with some exhibition or brief in mind and I've moulded my own themes and ideas into that format.

maybe I should take up painting...I've never been a good painter at all. In fact I was pretty awful. I could just do it to let off steam. I have an old shed/garage where I could just go mad. Its a thought.

There is my option to carry on with the family history/military project I had begun, It would be nice to tie that off. Being such a personal piece of work It would be a shame to be one of those things I never finish.


This week will be my mission to do just one thing, a sketch, a plan, anything. I have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! :)

This page is primarily a documentation of my art work I create. I'm a BA Fine Art, Mixed Media Student currently in my final year of my degree.

My work deals with ideas of the fragility of the human condition and often consists of images of my own body. I tend to work with materials that reflect the delicacy of the human form such as stitch and fabrics. My drawing style i like to describe as a "nervous" line, which also ties in with the themes of all my work.