About Me

My photo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
My work has developed a lot over the 3 years I've studied for my degree. It has evolved into a body of work that deals with the human form as an environment. I've mapped and explored my own body inside and out in many ways through print, drawing and various media as a type of research to address self identity

Monday 27 February 2012

...and 6 months later...

So I haven't been an artist for a whole year now. I've basically had a year off. 

I miss it, It sounds cheesy but I do. I've just been totally bereft of inspiration/energy this past year.

I'm moving to London in just over a months time. This is a big move for me personally, I'm hoping the change of surroundings will spark some feelings in me to start work again. Part of the reason for the move is to try get involved in some exhibitions/volunteer at some galleries or maybe community work etc.


To get the ball rolling I'm going to start carrying my sketchbook with me everywhere. I may not doing anything right away but if its there it will always be in the back of my mind.


Thinking about my work I did over a year ago I'm wondering what my next project will be. I don't know what I really want to say now. I still have a fascination with the human body but I'm wondering where I can take this next.

...Don't hold your breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog! :)

This page is primarily a documentation of my art work I create. I'm a BA Fine Art, Mixed Media Student currently in my final year of my degree.

My work deals with ideas of the fragility of the human condition and often consists of images of my own body. I tend to work with materials that reflect the delicacy of the human form such as stitch and fabrics. My drawing style i like to describe as a "nervous" line, which also ties in with the themes of all my work.